Lost foam casting parts as per customized requirements and engineering services.
Lost Foam Casting, also known as Full Mold Casting, or Cavityless Molding Casting, refers to a casting method that combines foam molding with dry sand molding. The molten metal directly fills and replaces the space occupied by the original plastic mold, and directly obtains the required casting after cooling. The foam pattern is directly vaporized during the metal casting process, so the lost foam casting does not require mold removal. During the lost foam casting process, the lost foam casting foundry usually the polystyrene as the pattern materials.
▶ Raw Materials Available for Lost Foam Casting (LFC)
• Carbon Steel: Low carbon, medium carbon and high carbon steel from AISI 1020 to AISI 1060.
• Cast Steel Alloys: ZG20SiMn, ZG30SiMn, ZG30CrMo, ZG35CrMo, ZG35SiMn, ZG35CrMnSi, ZG40Mn, ZG40Cr, ZG42Cr, ZG42CrMo...etc on request.
• Stainless Steel: AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L and other stainless steel grade.
• Brass & Copper.
• Other Materials and Standards on request
▶ Capabilities of Lost Foam Casting
• Max Size: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 100 kg
• Annual Capacity: 2,000 tons
• Tolerances: On Request.
▶ Main Steps of Lost Foam Casting
During lost foam casting process, the sand is not bonded and a foam pattern is used to form the shape of the desired metal parts. The foam pattern is "invested" into the sand at the Fill & Compact process station allowing the sand into all voids and supporting the foam patterns external form. The sand is introduced into the flask containing the casting cluster and compacted to ensure all voids and sapes are supported.
• Mold foam pattern making.
• Age pattern to allow dimensional shrinkage.
• Assemble pattern into a tree
• Build cluster (multiple patterns per cluster).
• Coat cluster.
• Foam pattern coating.
• Compact cluster in flask.
• Pour molten metal.
• Extract cluster from flasks.
▶ How We Inspect Lost Foam Castings
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Andonizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec.
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding.
▶ Why You Choose RMC for Custom Lost Foam Casting Parts?
• Greater design freedom in the construction of cast parts
• Small quantity is possible due to the layered structure of the pattern.
• Lower need for secondary machining with near net shape.
• High flexibility by short start up lead time.
• Longer EPS mould span life, thus lower average tool costs
▶ General Commerial Terms
• Main workflow: Inquiry & Quotation → Confirming Details / Cost Reduction Proposals → Tooling Development → Trial Casting → Samples Approval → Trial Order → Mass Production → Continuous Order Proceeding
• Leadtime: Estimatedly 15-25 days for tooling development and estimatedly 20 days for mass production.
• Payment Terms: To be negotiated.
• Payment methods: T/T, L/C, West Union, Paypal.
|Capabilities for Casting at RMC' Foundry|
|Casting Process||Annual Capacity / Tons||Main Metals||Casting Weights||Dimensional Tolerance Grade of Castings (ISO 8062)||Heat Treatment|
|Green Sand Casting||6000||Cast Gray Iron, Cast Ductile Iron, Cast Aluminium, Brass, Cast Steel, Stainless Steel||0.3 kg to 200 kg||CT11~CT14||Normalization, Quenching, Tempering, Annealing, Carburization|
|Shell Mold Casting||0.66 lbs to 440 lbs||CT8~CT12|
|Lost Wax Investment Casting||Water Glass Casting||3000||Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Steel Alloys, Brass, Cast Aluminium, Duplex Stainless Steel||0.1 kg to 50 kg||CT5~CT9|
|0.22 lbs to 110 lbs|
|Silica Sol Casting||1000||0.05 kg to 50 kg||CT4~CT6|
|0.11 lbs to 110 lbs|
|Lost Foam Casting||4000||Gray Iron, Ductile Iron, Steel Alloys, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel||10 kg to 300 kg||CT8~CT12|
|22 lbs to 660 lbs|
|Vacuum Casting||3000||Gray Iron, Ductile Iron, Steel Alloys, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel||10 kg to 300 kg||CT8~CT12|
|22 lbs to 660 lbs|
|High Pressure Die Casting||500||Aluminium Alloys, Zinc Alloys||0.1 kg to 50 kg||CT4~CT7|
|0.22 lbs to 110 lbs|