Cast Stainless Steel Investment Casting with OEM Custom and CNC Precision Machining Services.
|Investment Casting Technical Data at RMC|
|R&D||Software: Solidworks, CAD, Procast, Pro-e|
|Lead Time for Development and Samples: 25 to 35 days|
|Molten Metal||Ferritic Stainless Steel, Martensitic Stainless Steel, Austenitic stainless steel, Precipitation Hardening Stainless Steel, Duplex Stainless Steel|
|Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Tool Steel, Heat Resistant Steel,|
|Nickle-base Alloy, Aluminium Alloy, Copper-base Alloy, Cobalt-base Alloy|
|Metal Standard||ISO, GB, ASTM, SAE, GOST EN, DIN, JIS, BS|
|Material for Shell Building||Silica Sol (Precipitated Silica )|
|Water Glass (Sodium Silicate)|
|Mixtures of Silica Sol and Water Glass|
|Technical Parameter||Piece Weight: 2 gram to 200 kilo gram|
|Max Dimension: 1,000 mm for Diameter or Length|
|Min Wall Thickness: 1.5mm|
|Casting Roughness: Ra 3.2-6.4, Machining Roughness: Ra 1.6|
|Tolerance of Casting: VDG P690, D1/CT5-7|
|Tolerance of Machining: ISO 2768-mk/IT6|
|Inner Core: Ceramic Core, Urea Core, Water Soluble Wax Core|
|Heat Treatment||Normalizing, Tempering, Quenching, Annealing, Solution, Carburization.|
|Surface Treatment||Polishing, Sand / Shot Blasting, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Oxidation Treatment, Phosphating, Powder Painting, Geormet, Anodizing|
|Dimension Testing||CMM, Vernier Caliper, Inside Caliper. Depth Gage, Height Gage, Go/No go Gage, Special Fixtures|
|Chemical Inspection||Chemical Compostion Analysis (20 chemical elements), Cleanliness Inspection, X-ray Radiographic Inspection, Carbon-Sulfur Analyser|
|Physical Inspection||Dynamic Balancing, Static Blancing, Mechanical Properties (Hardness, Yield Strength, Tensile Strength), Elongation|
|Production Capacity||More than 250 tons per month, more than 3,000 tons annually.|
▶ Capabilities of Stainless Steel Investment Casting Foundry
• Max Size: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 100 kg
• Annual Capacity: 2,000 tons
• Bond Materials for Shell Building: Silica Sol, Water Glass and their mixtures.
• Tolerances: On Request.
▶ Main Production Procedure of Stainless Steel Investment Casting
• Patterns & Tooling Design → Metal Die Making → Wax Injection → Slurry Assembly → Shell Building → De-Waxing → Chemical Composition Analysis → Melting & Pouring → Cleaning, Grinding & Shot Blasting → Post Processing or Packing for Shipment
▶ Inspecting Stainless Steel Lost Wax Castings
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Anodizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec.
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding.
▶ Advantages of Steel Investment Casting Components:
• Excellent and smooth surface finish
• Tight dimensional tolerances.
• Complex and intricate shapes with design flexibility
• Capability to cast thin walls therefore a lighter casting component
• Wide selection of cast metals and alloys (ferrous and non-ferrous)
• Draft is not required in the molds design.
• Reduce the need for secondary machining.
• Low material waste.
▶ Why You Choose RMC for Steel Custom Lost Wax Casting Parts?
• Full solution from one single supplier ranging customized pattern design to finished castings and secondary process including CNC machining, heat treatment and surface treatment.
• Costdown proposals from our professional engineers based on your unique requirement.
• Short leadtime for prototype, trial casting and any possible technical improvement.
• Bonded Materials: Silica Col, Water Glass and their mixtures.
• Manufacturing flexibility for small orders to mass orders.
• Strong outsourcing manufacturing capabilities.
To know better about our capabilities of lost wax casting process, please click the following picture to turn to our page of Investment Casting Capabilities: