OEM Custom Aluminium Alloy Sand Castings from China Casting Foundry with CNC Machining Services
Sand casting could be divided into several categories such as green sand casting, shell mold casting and dry sand casting. The green sand casting adopts the green (wet) sand to make the molding systems, while the shell mold casting adopts some resin coated sand. However, some sand casting foundries also take lost lost foam casting and vacuum casting as dry sand casting, just because the sand used for these two casting processes are dry and don't use any adhensive materials to make the molding systems. If you are interested, you can visit our other pages to know more about other other castings processes and the comparion of them with green sand casting.
The sand casting process offers the greatest flexibility and the most cost-effective tooling. Combined with the lastest equipment in sand casting technology and dedicated workforce, the sand casting foundry of RMC are able to tackle any desired requirements. Our sand casting components are serving many industries of high demand such as oil & gas, rail trains and automotive.
▶ Design and Development of Aluminium Alloy Sand Casting Toolings and Patterns
We invite our customer to involve the design and development of the toolings and petterns at the first beginning. Our rich-experienced engineers could support you from an initial idea to serial production with there expert knowledge of real manufacturing and material analysis including chemical composition and mechanical properties. Our engineering team will convert any of development to a lean and production-friendly design taking into our full process production chain.
At our pattern and tools shop, our experienced pattern makers and technicans could use the 2D drawings and 3D models for the tooling / pattern development. If possible, the traditional way of making is also considered. Our experts could also support you in making 3D models as per your rough idea or 2D drawings, if you need.
▶ When we design the toolings/patters and the production procedure of the sand casting, we always think about the following main factors:
• Lower weight of castings to reduce your costs.
• Accurate dimension to reduce or delete the need for machining.
• Easy to install with other components.
• Suitable casting metals to meet the requirements of mechanical properties but control the whole costs.
• Be conductive to mass casting production.
▶ Metallurgy, Chemical Composition and Mechanical Properties of the Material
The sand casting foundry at RMC is equipped with a complete metallurgical laboratory to determin the chemical and mechanical characteristics of each melt and to analyse the metallurgic condition of the molten metal before pouring. Microsections are examined under the microscope to obtain final information. If possible or needed, we can issure 3.1 Certificate for each delivery part on customers' demand.
▶ What Aluminium Alloy Sand Castings We Can Produce:
• Max Size: 1,500 mm × 1000 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 500 kg
• Annual Capacity: 5,000 tons - 6,000 tons
• Dimensional Tolerances: On Request or Standard (ISO8062-2013 or GB/T 6414-1999)
• Mold Materials: Green Sand Casting, Resin Coated Shell Mold Sand Casting, Dry Sand (Lost Foam Casting, Vacuum Casting)
▶ Capabilities of Aluminium Sand Casting by Automatic Sand Molding Machines:
• Max Size of Finished Castings: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Unit Weight Range of Sand Casting: 0.5 kg - 500 kg
• Annual Capacity of Sand Castings: 8,000 tons - 10,000 tons
• Dimensional Tolerances of Sand Casting: On Request or According to ISO8062-2013 or GB/T 6414-1999
• Molding Materials: Green Sand Casting, Resin Coated Sand Shell Molding Casting.
▶ What Aluminium Alloy We Cast by Sand Casting Process:
• Cast Aluminium Alloy by China Standard: ZL101, ZL102, ZL104
• Cast Aluminium Alloy by USA Stardard: ASTM A356, ASTM A413, ASTM A360
• Cast Aluminium Alloy by other Starndards: AC3A, AC4A, AC4C, G-AlSi7Mg, G-Al12
▶ Steps of Sand Casting:
• Patterns & Tooling Design → Making Patterns → Moulding Process → Chemical Composition Analysis → Melting & Pouring → Cleaning, Grinding & Shot Blasting → Post Processing or Packing for Shipment
▶ What Measures We Take to Inspect the Sand Castings:
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ What Further Process We Can Do after Sand Casting:
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Anodizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding,